All candidates will apply online using the new AIMS system. Applicants MUST make a printout of the application form and attach certified copies of the transcript, certificate, diploma, and degree; birth certificate, one (1) passport-size photo to be submitted to any of the following centers:
- Busitema campus (25 km from Tororo)
- Busitema University Liaison Office (Makerere University, Lincoln Flats, Room A2)
- Arapai Campus in Soroti
- Namasagali Campus in Kamuli
- Nagongera Campus in Tororo
- Pallisa Campus (at Kalaki) in Pallisa
- Mbale Campus (Mbale Regional Referral Hospital)
All copies of academic transcripts must be certified by the awarding institutions and not Photocopies of Certified documents.
General Entry and Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate School at Busitema University, applicants must satisfy the minimum requirements below:
- The process of admission of prospective graduate (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, and PhD) students shall commence with application by the prospective students.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to pay the application fee, complete the application form, and provide copies of the relevant academic documents to the Office of the Academic Registrar and the Directorate of Graduate Studies.
- The duly completed application forms shall be scrutinized by the Office of the Academic Registrar, and the Directorate of Graduate Studies in consultation with the line departments where the graduate programme is offered.
- The decision to admit an applicant shall be based upon the recommendation from the line department communicated by the Dean or Director of the Faculty or Institute in which the department is based.
- The recommendation from the line department shall be based on the assessment of more than one member of staff of the department. Furthermore, at least one of the staff‑ members shall be actively involved in the research.
- The suitability of an applicant to pursue a graduate programme shall also be based on the two confidential references submitted to the Office of the Academic Registrar.
- An applicant already enrolled with another university or Busitema University shall not be admitted for a graduate Programme at Busitema University.
- The applicant shall show evidence that s/he has secured adequate funds to enable her/him to pursue the programme s/he has applied for.
NOTE: For the specific programme requirements (admission, options, tuition fees) for each of the graduate programmes, please refer to the Graduate Prospectus. You can find details on the DGSRI website www.busitema.ac.ug/graduatestudies or a brochure from the Academic Registrar’s Office.